Sunday, June 22, 2008

Talking about frustrations



It took me the whole weekend to calm down and understand why I've been feeling so mad and terrible the last few days. It probably helped that it had rained during those days off. I had the opportunity to be one with myself and contemplate about my life, what's been happening to me lately and why had I been feeling the way that I did.

I realized, I've been putting so much pressure on myself for wanting to find a new job as soon as possible. Add to that the condition that the job should be something closer to my heart, something that I would really like to do. Not that something is wrong with that. I strongly believe that if I want to have something, then I should work very hard to have it. Plus, nothing is wrong with dreaming big. The problem comes in when you give yourself too much of a pressure. By pressure, I mean, 1. setting deadlines which are quite unrealistic given that being employed quite entails being at the mercy of your prospective employer or 2. thinking so much about what other people might say or think about you.

I blame it to frustration why I have been acting so negatively not just to myself but also to the other person I love most. And though, I believe it is normal, I know on the other hand that I can do much better than act like that. Frustration seeped in when, after applying to four companies, no job offer has been showed to me yet. It could really suck out all the energy in you.

One more week to go. I'll either wait for the call from two more companies where I have pending applications or I'll go directly inquire to them about the status of my application. Fingers cross, I hope the response would be on the positive, if not, time to keep thinking for Plan B.

In the meantime, while I still am currently employed, I better do my work well and cherish the time I have as a teacher. I'm positive that I'm not stuck here for good. This is just the transition. In the end, you have to have faith in what they say that some wishes take longer time to come true.

No comments: