Friday, January 9, 2015

A Recap of My 2014

2014 had been a great year to me in terms of travel and adventure. We’ve been out for almost every month of the year enabling me to get some respite from work, bond with friends and love ones and rejuvenate my energy to face the demands of my job.

First off, we started the year with a climb in the majestic peak of Mt. Pinatubo in January together with Kuya Ja & ate Pearl, Jex & Jean, Rick & Antoi.




February was spent TWICE in the north. First was around valentine weekend in Baguio together with Rafi’s folks followed by another trip to the Mountain Province, specifically in Sagada together with Andeng, Tin and Biteng. 






LOWCAL also had a quick trip at Bataan where we enjoyed the shores of Westnuk Resort.




March was Bruhildas initiation in Baler. It was my second trip to the place but it was our first trip there as a trio. And it fanned everyone’s desire to do surfing again and again and again. So it wasn’t the first and only trip to Baler that we did for the year.




April was spent in the beautiful islands of Calaguas in Camarines Norte, where we stayed for two nights. On our last day, we had a side trip in Bagasbas where I did a bit of surfing again. :D




In April, the company where I work also treated us to an overnight stay in Pico Sands in Batangas



May was spent in the beaches of Padre Burgos in Quezon, one of which is the famed Borawan, together with Lowcal.



In June, Rafi, Andeng, Tina and Biteng gathered together again for another road trip in Subic. We went to Zoobic Safari and Clark this time around.




July was supposed to be spent discovering the Seven Lakes of San Pablo City and Liliw but work commitments and typhoon halted the plans so we moved it to August instead.



Also in August, I convinced Rafi that we spend the long weekend on a trip to a destination less travelled. And so we packed our things and braved the buses going up north to explore what Quirino Province has to offer. 



In September, the girls went to Baler again to satisfy our craving for surfing, this time with Peiglet.  This time around, we went to the breathtaking Dicasalarin Cove. There’s always something new to see in Baler! Plus the great food - Baler longganisa, Kusina Luntian's liempo and paco salad! I'm drooling every time I remember it. I just hope they get to serve food faster next time. ;)



In October, we got to travel twice up north again. First was with Lowcal in Ilocos Region and it felt awesome to go back to the place that sparked my interest to travel to other Philippine destinations. It was also great to see that there are more windmills now than when we first went there. Pagudpud however is not the same pristine and virgin strip of beach that I remember it to be.  But I was still happy that I got to try surfing here, and was able to do a couple of long rides despite the challenging waves.




One of the brightest, greatest highlight of my 2014 was when we finally got the chance to travel to Batanes, one of the ultimate travel destinations in my list – precisely because not everyone is able to go here due to its isolation, expensive transportation and unpredictable weather. What’s more awesome was that we stayed there for a week, enabling us to be laid back for 7 days but still do a bit of adventure as we went to Itbayat, the northernmost inhabited island of the Philippines. We were told that not everyone who visits Batanes is as courageous as us to brave the waves getting there and some are also not as lucky as us since others get stranded in the island for a few days due to bad weather.







November was spent again in Baler (my fourth time overall, and third time this year) with Andeng to celebrate her 27th birthday.





December was the most travelled month as we went to three destinations. First was in Taal Pusod Conservation Center to spend my birthday weekend. There is always joy and beauty to be found in simple things. No grandiose hotel accommodation nor luxurious food. But it makes for a perfect place to contemplate on things and be more grateful about all the blessings I received as I get a year wiser, sexier and prettier. ;)
Second for December was La Union with Bruhildas to satisfy our surfing craving again before we bid adieu to 2014. 



Finally, we went to Tagaytay with the whole family as part of our annual Christmas / year-ender tradition.




And as last hirit for the year, Lowcal celebrated our annual Christmas get-together in  Parque Espana in Alabang with games, exchange gifts and of course, lamon-galore. :)



ON OTHER THINGS THAT MATTERED IN 2014 :)

HOME

I have started refurbishing our tiny home in QC. The loft now has its wall. The stairs have already been wood-ified. Shelf for entertainment set has already been mounted as well as kitchen shelf. Next project is to paint and install tiles, to be continued this year.

PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS

This year was a better one for the company. I’m glad that our stress and occasional sleepless night had finally paid off this year. Thus, we can smell bonus come summertime of 2015. Yay!!! :) What’s also great is that, I am able to change my attitude now, thanks to workmates/friends who made working in an ever stressful environment more bearable. I am not the whiner type and I tend to work on my own but having people to share sentiments with from time to time is a good way to relieve me of any heavy feeling I may have at any point in time at work. These people also helped me to view things in a more positive light. Regardless, I still hope that 2015 at work will still be kinder, less stressful and filled with more blessings.

Add to this the small rewards and surprises that I received towards the end of the year. Happiness calendar entry and 70-day challenge participation come to mind. :)

LOOKING FORWARD TO 2015

2014 will be quite difficult to top in terms of travel and adventure but I am hoping that my 2015 will still be filled with adventure. As of this writing, we already have two international destinations lined up for the year. So we’re currently saving up and preparing our visa for these trips. I am praying that the weather, political situations, etc in these destinations would all be conducive for travel. I am also hoping to be able to scratch at least two new provinces off my Philippine map.

I also aim to lose weight this year as I have gained so much weight in the past two years. Specifically, I wish to be at least 110lbs again this year. Declaring this, so I get more pressured to fulfill it! :P I wish to be stronger and fitter too, so I can stand up that surf board with more ease and grace the next time I go surfing. Hence, I will combine diet and active lifestyle to make this happen. Perhaps I should add running a 10k this year. Why not? J

Also, we got to save up for that car and wedding in the next 1-2 years.

Finally, go deeper and stronger in faith and prayer and thankfulness to the Lord this year.



May 2015 be more awesome, travel-filled, healthier and fitter, more abundant for everyone this year. J

No comments: